When you are trying to make it through the last days of Whole30, you seem desperate for an easy meal that taste delicious and different. This Whole Chicken recipe makes the juiciest chicken, and the flavors are SO savory! While it is easy, I slow bake this chicken, so make sure you allow enough time for cooking!
1 Bag Organic Carrots (Approx. 10 carrots)
1 Bag Tri-Color Fingerling Potatoes
1 Whole Chicken (Approx. 5 pounds)
2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
2 Tablespoons Thyme
2 Tablespoons Rosemary
3 Cubes Frozen Veggie Stock
2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- Preheat oven to 400. Start by slicing Potatoes in half. Peel Carrots and cut in half, then into “shoestrings.” Slice onion.
- Place the veggies in the bottom of a casserole dish. Drizzle with Olive Oil, season with salt and a tablespoon each of Italian Seasoning, Rosemary and Thyme.
- Create a nest for the Chicken, Place Chicken on top of Veggies. Be sure you remove the package of innards and discard. Stuff Chicken with the Veggie Stock Cubes and Chicken Bouillon. Season outside of chicken liberally with remaining tablespoon of Italian Seasoning, Rosemary, and Thyme. Salt to taste.
- Bake at 400 for 20 Minutes. Reduce temperature to 375 and cook for 2 hours.
- ENJOY!!! The skin gets perfectly crispy, the potatoes are savory and filling, and the carrots add a sweet endnote.