Can someone please explain to me why the only plants that survive in my garden are peppers and basil?! I barely eat either, so what’s a girl to do? Use your resources, mama. I planted basil to make our own delicious pesto, but with this much basil, we could eat pesto all week and still have extra…
My client gave me the best idea to freeze some pesto. Utilizing her 80 years of knowledge, I decided to leave out the Parmesan. Frozen cheese just does not sound appetizing. Here’s what I included:
4 cups Basil
4 Tablespoons Walnuts
4 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 cup Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Wash your basil. I was surprised at the little green guys I found hiding in my freshly picked leaves.
- Mix everything except for EVOO in a blender.
- With the blender running (utilize that little opening on top), add the EVOO slowly. Turn blender off and scrape sides if needed. Blend until smooth.
- Store in freezer in jars for easy accessibility.
- When you are ready to use, I thaw in fridge overnight or warm in pan on low to melt. Mix 1/2 cup to 1 cup Parmesan cheese with the warm pesto and serve over your favorite pasta.