A recipe for my mom’s (date) balls…
The Whole30 diet is great and all, but damn it if I don’t still crave something sweet after dinner. And bananas or berries get old REAL fast. Dates are my secret weapon, but not by themselves because seriously the texture is just EW and having to pick a pit out of every single one is NO. So here’s a recipe my mom shared with me that has saved my life. Well, maybe not literally, but kept me sane during my Whole30 transformation.
- 2 cups Pitted Dates
- 1-2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (depending on how dry aka old your dates are)
- 3/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 3/4 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1.25 oz bag Hemp Seed
- Use a Nut Chopper (thank you, Pampered Chef) and chop up Walnuts and Pecans.
- Use a Food Processor to combine Dates and Vanilla until the mixture sticks together like dough.
- Add in Walnuts, Pecans, and Hemp Seed, blending until thoroughly mixed.
- Roll mixture into balls using your hands. And because we are all about recycling and less dishes, store in your fridge in the date container.
- Better (and Healthier) than cookies, enjoy!
Thanks mom, for sharing your new-found knowledge and love of feeding your body with quality foods 💖 This will be a recipe I keep in my kitchen for years!