Trying my best to pretend I’m a southern girl, even though I’m from Michigan. I’m not crazy about real-life grits, and this Cauliflower version not only tastes good, but is much healthier! Southern BBQ sauces can add a slew of additives and calories, so I opted for a dry rub that not only gives complex flavors, but doesn’t include sugar -GASP. Sit back and enjoy with a glass of sweet tea if you must 😉
- 1.5 pounds Boneless Pork Country Style Ribs
- Homemade Dry Rub (1.5 tsp each of Cumin, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Chili Powder, 1/2 tsp black pepper, pinch of cayenne pepper)
- 2 Heads of Cauliflower
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cups Veggie Stock
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Heads of Broccoli
- 2 tsp Creole Seasoning
- Salt, Pepper, and EVOO
1. Preheat Oven to 375°.
2. Mix together the dry rub. Use aluminum foil on a baking sheet, place the ribs on the sheet, and liberally season. Bake for 1 hour.
3. Use food processor to chop Cauliflower to rice-sized pieces. We did two different batches since two heads of cauliflower is quite a lot.
4. In a pan, melt ghee and cook onions until they start to brown. Add in Cauliflower Rice, Veggie Broth, Unsweetened Almond Milk, and season with salt and pepper. Bring Mixture to a boil, then cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes. Most of the liquid should be evaporated.
5. Meanwhile, slice Broccoli lengthwise. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Toss Broccoli on sheet in EVOO and season with salt, pepper, and creole seasoning. Bake with in oven with Ribs for 20 minutes.