If y’all haven’t figured it out by now, I absolutely LOVE Mexican food. So how in the world could I manage the Whole30 diet without including Nachos? I just couldn’t do it. In fact, during my last week of Whole30 I was eating these almost every day, and still not tired of them! Brand names are important because these products don’t contain any sugar at all! Of course you can substitute a different brand, just be sure the ingredients are Whole30 compliant.
- 4 Golden Potatoes, washed
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Dash of Salt
- 1 pound Grass Fed Beef
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 Green Pepper
- 3 Tbsp HomeMade Taco Seasoning (we LOVE the bulk recipe here: https://www.foodrenegade.com/homemade-taco-seasoning/)
- 2 Tbsp Little Salad Bar Fresh Salsa
- 2 Tbsp Little Salad Bar Tomatillo Avocado Salsa
- Dash of Frank’s Red Hot
1. Start by preheating the oven to 350°. Then, slice the potatoes on a mandolin slicer (Pampered Chef sells a great one that we use). I keep the skin on but you can take it off if it bothers you. I put aluminum foil on a baking sheet so the chips don’t get stuck. Right on the baking sheet, toss the chips in olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Stick in oven for 15 minutes.
2. Cook your beef. Start by adding a dash of Olive Oil and cooking the onion and green pepper for about 2-3 minutes. Add in the ground beef and seasoning, breaking up the meat as it cooks.
3. Take chips out, flip over, cook 15 minutes more.
4. Prepare the plates. Start with chips, then meat, then a heaping scoop each of the salsa and guacamole. Dash of Red Hot for taste.