I have an Instagram crush on @lindseyrenek because she’s a simple, yet super involved mommy of two adorable kids with quirky names (that I love) and has such a unique style…both in clothes and interior design. I totally fell in love with a recent pic she shared of her new playroom and had some major inspiration for ours! The Alphabet banner was too cute, so I decided to make a rainbow version for our playroom!!
Here’s the materials:
Scrapbook Paper (in your preferred color(s) and pattern(s))
Single hole punch
1. Start by cutting down scrapbook paper to 6×6 squares. I found this helped to make all my letters around the same size.
2. Draw your letters out. I learned the hard way that you have to write the letters on the colored side or they will be backwards. 🤦🏼♀️
3. Cut your letters out carefully and erase where needed.
4. I decided to mod podge because some of the papers were thinner than others and I wanted them to stand the test of time without curling. I did a light layer of mod podge so they didn’t curl too much and let dry.
5. Punch holes in the letters so they hang nicely and string them together with ribbon of choice. I found it was easiest to start with “a” and pull the string the entire way through. Make sure your holes are punched with enough space in between the hole and the edge so when you are threading, the paper doesn’t rip.
6. Hang in playroom and practice the Alphabet with your kids ❤️🧡💛💚💙