Oh wow!!! I just LOVED this combo. Really any fancy gravy over garlic potatoes is 💣💣. Venison can be very tough though, so it’s important to cook it right.
Venison steak (ours was in a 2lb pack)
1 can Golden Mushroom Soup
2 Rosemary Sprigs
1 pkg tri-color potatoes
1 tablespoon Garlic Salt
2 tablespoons + Kerrygold Butter
1/4 cup + Milk
1 package Green Beans
1. Start by pounding your venison steaks. This can be bloody, so you might find it helpful to first put the steaks in a bag before pounding. The idea is to loosen the meat up and thin it out so it can cook faster.
2. Bring two pots of water to a boil, one for green beans and the over for potatoes. We keep the skin on potatoes for the nutritional value, but you can easily clean them with your Norwex Veggie Scrub Cloth. Add cleaned potatoes to one pot and boil until a fork easily goes into potato. Add green beans to second pot and boil for about 10 minutes.
3. Season meat with salt. Heat olive oil in pan and sear the steaks. You want them to have a little color to them, but not be cooked just yet.
4. Add can of soup + 1 can of water, as directed on package. Add rosemary sprigs and simmer until just cooked. Again, don’t over cook or the gravy reduces too much and the steaks will be chewy. Ours were cooked in about 10-15 minutes.
5. Drain potatoes when they are finished. Mash them and still in butter, milk and garlic salt. Add more butter or milk to get the consistency you prefer.
6. Drain green beans and return to pot. Stir in some butter and salt.
7. Plate. Remove rosemary springs from gravy. Serve one heaping spoonful of potatoes, topped with meat and a spoonful of gravy. Green beans on side. Also pictured: scallops, don’t ask. I was having a craving and those are not part of the normal meal haha