It’s like the healthy version of burger and fries. Easy to whip up, tasty and good on the go!!
I usually make my meals big enough to feed me, my husband and a little for the kids PLUS have at least 1-2 meals leftover so I can take them to work throughout the week. It’s my easy way to meal prep
- 2 pound ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 4 golden potatoes
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Start cutting you vegetables (and uh, fruit, if you consider tomato fruit). I chop a little bit of the spinach to mix in (but save some leaves for topping). Finely chop the onion. Slice tomato (we have a green knife from Pampered Chef that works wonders on cutting tomatoes). Then slice you potatoes. The skinnier you get them, the faster they cook. I shoot for 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch.
- Use a cookie sheet covered in tin foil (an easy clean up trick I’ve learned). Toss the potatoes in olive oil and spread evenly on the cookie sheet. Use generous amounts of garlic salt to season. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Use a bowl to combine the ground turkey, cracked eggs, feta cheese, onion and spinach. I mix in a little salt and pepper, too. After it’s completely mixed together, form into patties.
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium heat. Cook burgers with lid on. I find that helps with cook time.
- Assemble the burgers: we served the burger topped with mustard, spinach, tomato and a spoonful of guac with the garlic fries on the side. Yum!!