My little one is obsessed with Bath Bombs but I almost threw up when I found out a bag of Troll Bath Bombs from Kohl’s cost $16!!
There had to be another solution…
I found this amazing Momma with a recipe that used stuff I already had, so it was perfect to make on a whim!
Check out her tutorial here >> https://www.redtedart.com/bath-bombs-recipe-gifts-kids-can-make/
I looked up a TON of different recipes and gathered the ingredients for them all, but this was my favorite!!
Here are some tips:
- Cream of tartar can be expensive!! Be sure to buy in bulk or from Aldi 😉
- Liquid food coloring will work better than gel
- We used about 20 drops essential oil for each batch.
- Less water is best. Like 3-4 squirts ONLY
- We froze them in the freezer for about an hour, then set on the counter until they dried (by night, they were ready).
- Only use silicone trays. We tried muffin tins and they just crumbled before we could get them out.
- Since we made ours around Christmas, we used pine tree and snowflake sprinkles. For the scents we used all essential oils: Young Living Pine, Young Living Christmas Spirit, Norwex Soothing Blend, and Scentsy Peppermint Stick.
- Let me tell you, Avocado oil is THE way to go!! The kids’ skin is so so so soft!!
- Here’s the link for the silicone forms we used: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HPWDWT6?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf